Yes! The Hollywood Hills. They aren’t just what overlooks all that’s happening on the streets of Hollywood proper below. No, they have their own je ne sais quoi. We say, get lost! In the hills, that is. We asked The Rental Girl’s Hollywood leasing agent expert Paula to name a few of her favorite things about the Hollywood Hills:
- Lake Hollywood Park. Here is where you can unleash your free spirited pooch. The great lawn is perfect for a game of Frisbee or even a picnic, and is the best spot for selfies in front of the Hollywood sign.
- Lake Hollywood Reservoir. Yeah, I know. Silver Lake is the one everyone talks about. But here, you can jog beneath a forest of trees. Take a look around… except for glimpses of the Hollywood sign overhead, you’ll be hard-pressed to find evidence that you’re still in L.A.
- Laurel Canyon Dog Park. This is the best spot for catching a cute celebrity out in her joggers or jammies, though don’t come to ogle. Just be cool, man. Be. Cool.
- Laurel Canyon Country Store. The colorful wall outside pulled me in the first time I visited LA. Inside is a grocery store. Outside, a coffee bar. Come in the early morning and get to know some of the regulars. This community is laid way back and retains its welcoming hippy charm.
- Yamashiro Farmer’s Market. I seriously don’t even want to tell you about this – it’s that special. Food trucks, local farmers and musicians gather on the hill at Yamashiro, a Japanese restaurant that overlooks Hollywood. You can either shuttle up the hill or bring your sneakers and enjoy the scenic walk.
When moving from out of town, it can be very difficult trying to decide which neighborhood in Los Angeles to move to. “These Are a Few of My Favorite Things” is one series of blog posts brought to you by leasing agents at The Rental Girl to help educate you on the variety of colorful neighborhoods Los Angeles has to offer.