Have you ever wondered if you are asking all the right questions? Before you jump through hoops to sign a lease on a property you have fallen in love with, you want to make sure you conduct your due diligence, ask all the right questions, and make sure this home meets all your needs. What research are you doing? What questions are you asking? Below, leasing agents at The Rental Girl have compiled a list of the most common considerations their renters make when choosing a rental:
- Is it the right location? Is this neighborhood close to work, family and/or friends?
- Is the rent comparable to similar rentals in the area?
- Does this rental have the amenities I’m looking for and meet all my needs?
- Are the rent and utilities within my budget?
- Who is the landlord and what is he/she like? Are we compatible?
- Is the rent negotiable?
- Is this neighborhood safe?
- Is this neighborhood walkable?
- Do the neighbors enjoy living here and what do they have to say about the landlord?
- And lastly, the details: Does the unit have good water pressure, plumbing, and sunlight. Is pest control performed on a routine basis? Is the unit weatherized? Does the landlord live in the area or is there a local manager/contact person?
“Top 10 Tips” is a series of helpful tips brought to you by the lovely real estate agents at The Rental Girl . The Rental Girl is a leasing agency with branches throughout Los Angeles. Each branch is operated by a unique agent who specializes in her area. All agents at The Rental Girl are California licensed Real Estate agents who specialize in helping renters and home buyers with all their real estate needs.